If you want to download Indian Bank 15H Form PDF, you can download the Indian Bank 15H Form through the download link given inside this article.
An individual has to furnish Form 15H to his deduct or on time i.e. either before the due date of the interest payment or before 31st day of the month following that in which it became payable, whichever is earlier, in order to avail of benefits under this scheme.
Form 15H is a self-declaration form which helps individuals above 60 years of age save Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) on the income tax.
The Form 15H can be filled by any individual who has not filed his or her income tax return in the financial year and wants to avail of this benefit.
This form is applicable for those who are not able to fill Form 16, but have no other source of income like interest from bank deposits, dividend from shares, pension etc.
To Fill the Required Details in Indian Bank 15H Form
- Name of Applicant
- PAN of Applicant
- Date of birth
- Residential status
- Complete residential address and contact information
- Financial year pertaining to the mentioned income
- The applicant has to enter ‘YES’ if he has been assessed in any of the years out of the six assessment years prior to the mentioned assessment year
- The estimated total income for which the applicant wishes to submit a declaration
- The estimated total income for the current year along with the estimated income in the previous point
- The exact number of Forms filled by the applicant along with the total income pertaining to which the declaration is being filed by the applicant
- Details pertaining to the applicant’s number of shares, account number of the deposit, NSS details and LIC policy number along with his employee code
- The applicant then needs to diligently verify and rectify the errors, if any, before signing the form.
Benefits of the Indian Bank 15H Form
- TDS on the interest income from Fixed Deposits:– Form 15H helps a senior citizen save taxes on the interest earned by him from fixed deposits and recurring deposits kept with banks.
- TDS on EPF withdrawal:- Generally, TDS is applicable to Employee Provident Fund (EPF) balances in cases where the EPF is withdrawn before completion of 5 years of regular or continuous service in a particular organization. However, if any individual has an accumulated fund of Rs. 50,000 or above and wishes to withdraw the same before completion of the continued service period of 5 years then he may do so and is free to submit Form 15H to avoid the deduction of TDS on his EPF balance.
- TDS will be deducted at 10% provided PAN is submitted. Otherwise, TDS is deducted at the rate of 34.608% if PAN is not submitted.
Download PDF for Indian Bank 15H Form
Indian Bank Customer Care Helpline Numbers
Missed Call Services – 081087 81085, 092895 92895
Block all digital channels in case of fraudulent digital transactions – BLOCK to 092310 00001 or 092895 92895
Indian Bank Head Office Address
Indian Bank Corporate Office:-254 – 260,
Avvai Shanmugam Salai,
Royapettah, Chennai – 600 014.
We try to provide information that is both helpful and convenient for all of our readers. If you need any questions with regards to Indian Bank Form 15H, then feel free to comment below, we will try to reply to you soon.